A highly efficient and sustainable energy-management solution
Amid a host of energy-management solutions that can help virtually any organization reduce their energy consumption and save money is a solution applicable to only a limited population of commercial businesses: Combined heat and power.
Also known as cogeneration, combined heat and power is the simultaneous production of electricity and thermal energy from a single fuel source. It is an ideal energy-management solution for businesses whose operations use substantial amounts of electric and heat:
- Industrial companies with manufacturing capabilities, large physical plants that have immense thermal needs and consume high rates of energy.
- Office/retail parks, large restaurants or banquet facilities, hotels, hospitals and healthcare facilities, etc.,—any commercial operation with a large number of boilers that create considerable steam and heat runoff.
Because combined heat and power systems combusts less fuel, the benefits are numerous:
- Environmentally friendly: Cogeneration uses fewer environmental resources and reduces greenhouse gas and air-pollutant emissions up to 40% or more.
- Improved efficiency: Recycling and reusing the waste heat significantly improves energy efficiency; between 55% and 80%, according to the EPA.
- Lower energy costs: Greater efficiency with fewer resources naturally correlates to smaller monthly bills.
A reliable and sustainable solution; but is combined heat and power right for you?
Cogeneration is a complex, often misunderstood energy-management solution. Among the small percentage of business owners who know what it is, many struggle to understand if they’re a good fit.
Some smaller companies spend valuable resources investigating a combined heat and power system that is far too big to ever deliver ROI, while larger organizations miss out on energy and cost savings because they don’t see how the pieces come together and never give it any consideration
Vanguard Energy can help determine if your company is a good candidate for combined heat and power. During our investment-grade Commercial Energy Audit, we will:
- Analyze your current utilization rates and infrastructure to determine if they support cogeneration
- Discuss your financial liability versus potential cost savings from reduced fuel consumption
- Provide visibility into the environmental impact and benefits of reduced emission
- Specify the cost of waiting*
- Calculate the value of the added reliability of a system designed to provide continuous electric and heat
- Review any/all state and federal incentives and rebates you may be qualified to receive
If our analysis reveals cogeneration is a viable option, we can help your organization transition from separate electric and heat sources to an energy management solution that meets your energy conservation and emission goals while lowering utility costs and strengthening your bottom line.
Contact Vanguard Energy to learn how combined heat and power can deliver clear benefits to your organization, your clients, and the environment.